The places we like…
Here are some of the places we like to go, stuff we like to do & ideas for places to eat.
- Have a fantastic time up a tree with our friends at Goodleaf Tree Climbing
- Spend a day at Osborne House, visit Swiss Cottage for the great interactive children’s display then walk on down to the beach for an ice cream
- Take a walk on the beach at Yaverland (with or without the dog) – see if you can find any dinosaur fossils
- Cycle to Sandown, Shanklin or Newport using the great cycle paths away from the traffic
- Catch the bus to Yarmouth then walk along the paths to Freshwater – great for a dog walk, children’s cycle route or flat walk for tired legs.
- Find a beautiful private garden to visit using the National Garden Scheme Yellow Book. Any admission goes to charity and sometimes they have lovely cakes too!
- Tapnell Farm in the West Wight is a fantastic place to take the children with a jumping pillow, indoor zip wire and climbing wall.
- If you are looking for somewhere different to stay on the Island how about a bit of luxury at Woodside?
Places we like to eat…
- We love to eat at The Taverners – we are lucky to have Roger & Lisa just over the road from us!
- Book at table at The Three Buoys in Ryde for great food & lovely views
- Enjoy the sea views whilst you have dinner at The Little Gloster in Gurnard
- Pop to the Garlic Farm for lunch
- For a special treat book Afternoon Tea at The Royal in Ventnor
- The Cow Co at Tapnell Farm is great for lunch, coffee & cake and they do open some evenings – check their website for details.