How does the RHS choose RHS Partner Gardens?
Whether formal landscape, late-season borders or woodland, all Partner Gardens offer inspiration to keen gardeners through high standards of design and/or planting. Many are well known, some less so, resulting in a stimulating mix of styles that visitors should find interesting throughout the gardening year.
What is an RHS Partner Garden?
In addition to the four RHS Gardens, more than 195 independent gardens across the UK and overseas, generously support the charitable work of the RHS by offering our members free entry at selected times of the year.
Many gardens allow free entry whenever they are open but, as they are forgoing their income in order to support horticulture and the RHS, not all are able to do this. Check free entry dates and times carefully before travelling.
When visiting Partner Gardens, why not show your support by visiting their plant centres, shops and cafes, to support the great work they do in sustaining beautiful gardens for us all to enjoy.
Who can gain free entry?
- All Individual RHS members.
- For Joint memberships, free entry applies to one cardholder per policy (member 1) as indicated by an asterisk (*) on the back of your membership card.
- Life members. For Joint Life memberships, free entry applies to both members.
- Free entry to Partner Gardens does not apply to guests
- Group entry: so that smaller gardens can be part of the scheme, free entry does not apply to members travelling as part of an organised group. Please contact the garden in advance to discuss group visits.
When can I gain free entry?
As independently owned gardens, not financially reimbursed by the RHS, opening times, prices and periods of free access are subject to change.
For the Model Village in 2017 the dates for free admission are as follows:
6th March to 7th April
24th April to 26th May
5th June to 21st July
4th September to 20th October
Please call ahead or check opening arrangements on Garden Finder for other Partner Gardens before travelling.
Remember, you will need your membership card (or temporary membership form) to gain entry.
Where can I see a full list of RHS Partner Gardens?
RHS Garden Finder contains information on all the RHS Partner Gardens and many more gardens around the UK.
Join the RHS today and you too can visit 195 beautiful gardens for free during selected opening times.